- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, boiled until soft and cut into strips
- 2 medium sized tomatoes, skinned and finely chopped
- 100g peas, cooked
- 200g prawns
- 200g squid
- 12 mussels
- 350g rice
- 2 cloves of garlic, coarsely chopped
- olive oil
- about 800ml water
- Heat some olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the onion, green pepper and fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomotoes and squid and fry on low heat for another 10 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir well to make sure it is thoroughly coated. Add water, garlic mixture and bring to the boil. Season with salt.
- Put lid on, turn heat down and cook very slowly for about 10 minutes. Add the prawns and peas and give it a stir.
- Arrange the mussels and strips of red pepper on top, put the lid on and leave for another 10 minutes- ensure there is enough is enough water.
- If you think it is getting to dry, add more water. once rice is cooked and the mussels have opened, it is ready to eat!